Coaching young people to stand out to employers and thrive in independent living
What is the Oyster Programme?
An individually-tailored coaching programme designed specifically to equip 18-23 year-olds for internships, their first job and for the rest of their working life.
The needIn the UK and globally, there is an over-supply of students with high grades. Employers find it hard both to differentiate between them and to identify young people with the skills and capabilities they seek. Young people find it hard to access and acquire the package of personal and interpersonal skills and habits that will enable them to succeed and thrive in today’s workplace.
The following skills command a premium and are in short supply
- Resilience, positive attitude
- Inter-personal communication
- Ability to introduce yourself confidently and professionally
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
Develop the capabilities which are in short supply by undertaking a live, ‘continuous’ coaching programme which uses situations in your daily life to practise and grow the skills you need.
The earlier you gain the skills and habits which suit your personality and the people around you, the sooner you will enjoy more choice and satisfaction in your working life.
The coaching focusses on whichever of the skills and habits the coachee is most motivated to develop and covers the full range of sixteen emotional intelligence attributes across the following dimensions:
- Core identity – who are you and what matters to you
- Self-managing skills of resilience, initiative and decision making
- Skills in managing your relationships with others. Communication and influencing skills which help you get things done in work environments
View and download more information about the Oyster Programme.